[opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 17:06:11 -0500

Sorry - new keyboard's acting squirrelly...

Just a couple more things to throw into the mix...

The 3-day shutdown of air travel in the US provided an opportunity to
measure the effect that jet contrails might have on average temperatures
around the US

September's Science: Shutdown of airlines aided contrail studies
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20020511/fob1.asp

And it's hypothesized that this cooling effect (part of a "Global
Dimming" phenomenon that's been noted) may be slowing the effects of
global warming (that've been so hotly debated hereabouts).

Global Dimming
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dimming_trans.shtml

Regards
John Meehan