[opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:07:54 -0500

Well, we can pollute an entire lake, kill off an entire species, and cover an entire city with smog, so why not believe that we can at least *alter* our environment?

With that said, I believe that man's contribution to "global warming" is quite minimal, but I do believe we should do whatever we can not to add to the problem. We are best to respond as if it was our doing.

On 10-Feb-07, at 11:35 PM, Bob Miller wrote:

On 2/10/07, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As Bob thinks that humans have the ability to "control" our
environment, the potential for another meteor collision is worth
consideration. At least with a meteor, we "might" have the technology
to either launch a nuclear attack as it approaches and break it up
into smaller fragments, or to alter its trajectory to avoid a hit all
together.