[opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:27:56 -0500

Bob Miller wrote:

> Now you have acid rain encouraging plant growth. Great
> stuff.

Acid rain is rain cleaning pollutants from the air, as it does after a
volcanic eruption. Once again, the fact that the ecosystem cleans itself
is not news. The only question is just how much SO2, for example, we can
spew out before the ecosystem becomes unstable. In this specific case,
before the sulfuric acid created in the cleaning process starts killing
off too much plant life for the system to recover.

Clearly, acid rain existed long, long before man. A robust ecosystem, as
this one, has been dealing with it very well indeed.

> Life, in its bid to survive, adapts. Ecosystems develop
> by chance and the dictates of science. There is no
> cleverness, no feedback center, no plan, no Earth brain
> directing all this.

The fact itself that life forms all have an inherent drive to survive
helps create the self-regulating mechanisms I'm talking about. You don't
have to run scared that perhaps someone is surreptitiously talking about
"higher power."

The simple fact is, the earth dimming phenomena clearly counter some of
the other effects people are furiously wringing their hands about.