[opendtv] Re: Connected classrooms

  • From: Don Moore <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:36:20 -0500

We experimented with Big Blue Button - an Open Source conferencing
system with Video, Audio, Telephone and Whiteboard.  Our IT department
let me play with a leased server (that was being replaced) and we were
very happy with the results.

We didn't have the bandwidth to host more than a dozen remotes; but
there are some very inexpensive on-demand bandwidth pool with
instance-servers that would make a very economical solution.