[opendtv] Re: Connected classrooms

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:38:40 -0700

The Skype session we did yesterday was a bust.  I had everything set up on
my end but the other end (NPR in Washington D.C.) didn't have the bandwidth
on their WiFi and couldn't give our professor an Ethernet connection.  The
result was choppy audio that was unintelligible.  Of course, I can't blame
Skype but what I can say is that it takes more than just two people with
two laptops to make it work.

------------------------------

Subject: [opendtv] Re: Connected classrooms
From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:34:48 -0700

To be honest, I must go to set a
computer right now to set up a Skype session for professor who is currently
interviewing someone for her class from Washington D.C.!  My issue is that
these "easy and cheap" solutions that people come up keep adding labor to
my day and expense to my budget (that I don't have).

Dan