[opendtv] Re: Connected classrooms

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:09:44 -0400

You are correct, it depends greatly on the learner.  There are some things
that work well with technology driven methods.  There are still many things
that are important to have interaction with others to contextualize, and
some people need help and direction.  That is why we use multiple channels
of delivery.  One of my favorite methods is online classes using software
that allows a group of users to interact with an instructor.  Sony did this
for technical training for many classes that I took.  The problem is that
they often used trainers who were good technically but not very skilled at
leading a class.  For good instruction at any level the skill of teaching or
of curriculum development is essential.

Leonard Caillouet, MS
Lead Clinical Applications Coordinator
Uf & Shands Academic Health Center