[opendtv] Re: Bob, where are the tunerless monitors?

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:49:17 -0700

Well, I think "they don't want to be in the same position as digital TV."

Also, we should note that not only are they promoting HD radio, they are
promoting new program services "hidden channels that you can only get with
an HD radio."

IF TV stations had new services -- like "The Tube" -- they would change a
few words in that last sentence.

The 800-pound gorilla here is your friends in the cable business.  Maybe
they're figuring how to put big reels of fiber on the back of every car to
extend their reach onto roads.

Rell them out in the morning, reel them back in on the way home at night.

John Willkie