[opendtv] Re: Bob, where are the tunerless monitors?

  • From: Steve Wilson <stevenjwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:45:34 -0400

"I think the tenet still stands: people don't watch modulation or technology,
they watch content."

I was talking about tunerless monitors with a major TV mfr lately and the nut was they didn't want to sell consumers a "TV" that needed another box to work. It was really more of a marketing problem. Anyone in the business nows it makes some sense but these things take T I I I M M M M E E E E E

johnwillkie wrote:
I think Frank Eory owned a piece of that too; now, he's talking about TV
sets with 8-VSB tuners for sale at a grocery store.

John Willkie