[opendtv] Re: BBC Demonstrates HDTV Broadcasts over SD Channels

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:50:06 -0400

At 9:36 AM -0400 6/23/05, John Golitsis wrote:
>But that would further a format war by creating a THIRD incompatible
>format!  You'd have red-laser HD DVD, HD-DVD, and Blu-Ray.  And since
>all the major studios are already aligned with either HD-DVD or Blu-
>Ray, who's left to produce for this creation of yours?

First, all of the studios are NOT aligned with one of the Blue-Ray
camp. Most have not committed to either.

Second, this would not be a third HD-DVD format, but rather, an HD
format that is compatible with existing Red Laser production lines.

As this is ALREADY happening, I don;t understand why you are questioning it.