[opendtv] Re: BBC Demonstrates HDTV Broadcasts over SD Channels

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:19:58 -0700

Uh, tom, just how will those affordable 1080p pictures be delivered to
people?  In other words, what type of transport streams?

Are you familiar with the fact that 1080p uses more samples per second than
is permitted by MPEG-2 transport streams? (that being just under 63 MM
samples per second)

Could you point me to the affordable transport streams that will handle this
format?