[opendtv] Re: BBC Demonstrates HDTV Broadcasts over SD Channels

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:32:19 +0100

I' m not interested in, or going to join in with, a point-scoring battle.
That alone is the reason why I only lurk here and rarely comment. If you
want to play games like that, you'll have to do it with someone else.

But I'll deal with this singe relevant point.

4: The spare bandwidth isn't available at times that people watch tv, it's
overnight. That's the whole point, some channels on Freeview are not
operative for 24 hours, so there's spare bandwidth during each 24-hour
period. What's the point of transmitting  a good HD production at 4 a.m.?