[opendtv] Re: 20060117 Mark's (Almost) Monday Memo

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:02:05 -0500

The tightest part of the process determines the maximum resoloution.  No
matter what the programming is DELIVERED on, if it was ACQUIRED on those
formats, it is limited to those resolutions.  "Titus" and "Bernie Mac"
were acquired on Varicam at 960 x 720.  Anything shot on HDCAM is 1440 x
1080.

TTFN,
Mark