[ola] Re: English Week vs. English Day

  • From: "Vinchattle, BreAnne" <bvinchattle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 03:38:13 +0000

Hey everyone,

This is my plan for English Days this week, in order.  This is my first year
with these kiddos; I have three classes two Spanish 1 (majority freshman) and
one Spanish 2 (majority sophomores).  OWL was present last year, but not fully
implemented the whole year w/all levels. Kids were excited their previous
teacher and I teach the same way!

Buy in is great far & they're a great group of kids.  Spanish only is difficult
for them, but I use a language use system worth 5 pts a day; a ticket a week
and self assmnt at end of the wk to hold them accountable and reflective.

Does anyone have an indicator test for MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES AND/OR LEARNING
STYLES

P.S. Tess, can you send me the levels of teaching and learning for Spanish 2,
please?

English Days Activities

  *   Syllabus review & quiz / Levels of teaching and learning
  *   Binder set up / Comp book usage
  *   Words of wisdom & astounding acquisition - suggestions & brain drain
vocab from previous students
  *   Grade updates - weekly (Mondays)
  *   TED Talks / Think twice, speak once / Speak from Day One
  *   Reflection/ Goal setting (Personal & Class)
     *   Questionnaire -  2 positives OR / 1 positive & negative
     *   Survival Strategies/ GE Workout - notecards
     *   Lantern goals - student generated
  *   OWL presentation
  *   Multiple Intelligences / Learning Styles
  *   ACTFL levels presentation
  *   YouTube commercial & tv show clip en Español
     *   Passat 2013 Vamonos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oOVqUInA6w
     *   Menina Fantasma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZh3IFp_dTo
  *   Reward systems
     *   Student of week