[obol] Re: Green tail ID help

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 19:45:26 -0800

A follow-up: In the view that was posted, I didn't notice the rest of
the bird. Not a Yellowthroat, for sure, as Jeff has commented. I'm
leaning pretty strongly toward "hoax" but if the person who posted this
can provide more particulars on the location and explain why it took 5
months to post this photo, I'm certainly willing to consider other
ideas.

Joel

On Sun, 2015-11-01 at 19:24 -0800, Joel Geier wrote:

I'm with Jeff on this one, including the suspicion that this might be
some kind of a prank since the poster states that this photo is from
June. The leaves on the bush do look like dogwoods that occur in the
Willamette Valley, but I'm not going to bet my life savings on that.

Assuming the location is La Centre in Wash'ton, I'm leaning toward
Common Yellowthroat on this one.

Joel