Re: [MoAccess] new motif

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 13:35:25 -0400

Don't forget that there will be new preset voices, also. The new ROM is twice
as large. There is a second piano (I think the one from the newer S series
boards), and several voices from the Tyros line. I heard the Tyros trumpet (the
one that shakes), and it sounds really good (and has a few extra expression
features that aren't on the Tyros). I also know that additional megavoice
guitars are included.

Motifator already has several demos up, but they don't show off many of the new
sounds. They sound like XS demos, mostly. In fact, I think that the people that
made the XS demos had more skill. Funkalicious, in particular, could sell the
XS to a lot of people, and was programmed extremely well. The new ones just
don't sound very imaginative. Well, most demos don't. Yamaha usually does
pretty well compared to others in terms of demos, though, so that is why I
suppose that I expect more. Undoubtedly they'll put out others, though. The XF
has only been announced for a week or so.

Of course, nothing beats playing it yourself.

Bryan