[macvoiceover] Re: iPad or Laptop

  • From: Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:18:12 +1300

I have never used a trackpad, the only difference I know using a bt keyboard is
no numeric keypad.
My concern is being able to assist her if and when she gets stuck, I was not
intending using an ipad myself, though would appreciate the portability of eith
machine when I am away from the house.

How long did it take you to feel comfortable with the ipad ?

Where did you find out about the gestures ?

I know I have seen posts here regarding gestures but have not paid too much
attention to them.

TF

On 4/03/2015, at 12:06 pm, Mary Otten <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, there would be a learning curve for the gestures. How comfortable
do you feel with the magic track pad? Do you use one with your iMac? I
think there are a few BO gestures that do not have BT keyboard
equivalents, but just now, I can't think what those are. I suppose if a
few hundred bucks isn't a deal breaker, a MacBook Air could be the way
to go. Then again, some volks have difficulty typing on those if the
trackpad is active. Not saying you or your wife would. I've just heard
some say they do. I have a Mac Mini, so there is no trackpad built in
with my keyboard, obviously.

Mary