[macvoiceover] Re: iPad or Laptop

  • From: Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 19:36:10 +1300

Interesting point, my 3yr old grand-daughter is quite confident with it now you
mention that !
Half the price of a Macbook air.

TF

On 4/03/2015, at 7:29 pm, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One more thought, just checked with my wife to get the sighted perspective. She
pretty much agreeed with my thoughts regarding figuring what you’re going to
use it for. Her thought is that starting from scratch with no computer
experience an iPad is a better solution for consuming media and browsing the
web. She suggests a keyboard to make text entry that little bit easier.

As far as being able to help or support a new user, learning the gestures isn’t
an issue for a sighted person, as using an iPad is pretty intuitive. My son’t
kindergarten had an iPad and the kids figured it out pretty quickly because
it’s a pretty simple system.

So there you go, survey says that a sighted person will probably figure out an
iPad without much difficulty, so the fact that I can’t give tech support to my
wife doesn’t matter all that much.

Ian