[lit-ideas] Re: on the home front

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:35:36 -0400

> Also, I'm not sure about the richest, etc.  I forget what Jared Diamond
> calls it, but it's the condition where in a collapse of civilization, such
> as with the Maya, the royalty are sheltered until the end.  All that means
> is they're the last to starve to death.  What's the point of survival at all
> costs anyway?  Would you want to live in a Road Warrior type world?

Well, I know how to ride a motorcycle really well and I have some old
hockey equipment I could probably use. I've got a sledgehammer that I
could weld to a chain of some sort for a nice swinging weapon. I've
got an old fishing spear that might take a fellow's eye out at 20
paces.

seriously though, it's not that I would WANT to live in a road warrior
type world, I just want to LIVE.