[lit-ideas] Re: on the home front

  • From: "David Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:49:05 -0500

Irene wrote:  Can you explain how intelligence is sexy?  Intelligence is
the antithesis of sexy.  Intelligence is downright threatening.  It's a
reason given for John Kerry's inelectability, that he was too
intelligent, too upscale.  People couldn't relate to him.

I can.  Of course, I can explain anything, preferably from the
well-thought/rehearsed stance of the immovable prime of elitis(nob)t-ic,
gut-reaction.  I once got laid, or at least enjoyed (reveled in) shared
experiences with a former lover simply, at least initially, because she
found my ability to recognise, and remember, the term for the
terracotta army.  Nothing like invested conversation to woo a maid.  It's
not intelligence that is unrelatable (to).  It's the soul, the
right-brain, the influence of (the) G/g-od(s).  Rather, it's whether you
really give a shit and have, at the very least, a modicum of experience
in conversing.  The more, the better.  Who the fuck knew that women (and
even men, but don't tell no-one -- that would ruin all the popular
sit-coms) wish, most-of-all, to be conversed with?  Reader's Digest told
all-uh-us some four years ago, in a double-si(gh)ted, but deeply analysed
study, of a random selection of their readers that we all, mostly, want
the same thing.  We wanna talk, not rock.

Just speculating here, but the ever escalating sex obsession seems at
least coincidentally to be directly related to the ever lowering level of
intelligence. Is the obsession escalating, or is it simply becoming more
public?  How can we, as a people, not be preoccupied with sex?  Okay, so
I show my tendency toward favourtitism for genetics and behaviourism
here.  But, we are, unless you believe in God's greater purpose, put here
to procreate, to fuck, to shag.  We can do other things, and even reject
our sexuality, but, having once worked a convention for asexuals, they
were equally as obsessed with sex(uality) as nymphomaniacs.  They just
spent all of their time talking (or insistently expostulating how they
didn't talk) about it, and little/none actually experiencing it. Also,
power may be an aphrodisiac, but so is powerlessness.  Not just in my
opinion, it's the basis behind the younger woman syndrome (or younger
man).  Someone significantly younger is likely to be less experienced,
easily impressed, etc.  Sexy and young (i.e., powerless) go together. You
bet your fucking ass that naïveté is sexy, but not only for the reasons
you surmise.  All of which are accurate, but unrepresentative of
the complete set.  I've relished experiences with younger (and older)
women.  Exposing a mind (and being exposed) to a new way of thinking is
rewarding, and gratifies the ego, though not always in that
order.  Everything's always more complex than we would like to make it.
You know I have to like you when I let you have the Times New Roman,
while I write in Arial Narrow...peh-tich. d. Changing the subject, or not
as the case may be, here's a documentary called the Power of Nightmares
that is an absolute must watch.  It compares and contrasts the Neocons
with the Islamists.  Truly, mythology makes the world go round.  The
documentary is feature length but well worth the effort.  It redeems this
godforsaken 21st century.  Very much worth watching through to the end.
when I get home and will make the time, I look forward...

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com