[lit-ideas] Re: on the home front

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:51:50 -0700

Let me see if I can untangle myself here. Forget what I said below. It makes no sense. Let's try it again. Variant 1: We're all the same in different ways. Variant 2: We're all different in the same way. Variant 1 says we're all a bunch of dough but our shape depends on what pasta machine is used. Variant 2 says we're all the same pasta but the filling is different. Yes, now it's crystal clear. I'll bet even Professor Paul would agree.

We in the West have not yet solved the problem of the one and the many and the many and the one.

Robert Paul,
despairing of an answer