[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:47:37 -0500

Ironically, that's what Bush did, couldn't distinguish between what is and
is not the case.

 It is in the dream that one cannot distinguish between the
> terrorist who kills civilians as they eat at a restaurant and the
> soldier who tries to protect.

Or the leader so stupid that he thinks no civilians will be killed when
bombs fall on them.  If we hadn't invaded Iraq, no soldiers would be
required to protect anybody.

It is in the dream that one has the
> chimera that gathers together disparate pieces into a single
> monstrosity.  In reality, however, we have a duty and responsibility to
> distinguish between the moral and the immoral.

We do.  And we haven't done.  We got into the mud and are telling them
they're dirty while we get mud in our eye.

M. Chase would have us
> give up this duty and responsibility for self-satisfying posturing, but
> one's moral duty is not subject to choice.

Moral duty to do what?   If they invaded us for, say, our treatment of
race, would we form an insurgency or just stand by and let them take over?

Andy Amago