[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:07:38 -0500

Judy: what happened to "we're better than the terrorists"?

Eric: We are.

Judy: which is why "we" rant on about their disgracefully doing what "we" do?

Eric: Judy, c'mon, if we were like them, the war would be over.

When, for instance, do we deliberately strike at random civilians? If we did, all the civilians would be dead. All the mosques would be ash. All the schools would be dust. Every hospital would be a crater.

What you mean to say, perhaps, is that our worst mistakes resemble their intentional day-to-day strategy.