[lit-ideas] Re: Willie Pete

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:04:22 -0500

Here's the Reuters link:

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-11-08T170109Z_01_MCC861178_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ-USA-WEAPONS.xml

which cites:

RAI posted the full report, including television images, at http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/inchiesta/

Just had to laugh at Andreas' assertion that we used poison gas. Maybe we used a crowd dispersal agent like CS to get some of the insurgents out of their rat holes, but poison gas is just too clumsy and indiscriminate a weapon for general use ... unless like Saddam you want to take out an entire town.

And yeah, getting burned by napalm or white phosphorus is a terrible and grisly thing, almost as bad as randomly killing civilians with IEDs.