[lit-ideas] Re: Victor Hanson in Iraq

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:00:44 -0000

And yet, according to Lawrence, the neo cons are principled policy makers. Evidence shows that the organisation of 9/11 and some of the financing, can be traced to Pakistan wheras the majority of those credited with the undertaking were Saudi Arabian. 'Principled Neo Con policy' then produced an invasion of Afghanistan and two years later an invasion of Iraq. And Lawrence talks about righteous retribution of the type these terrorists will understand.

The sane amongst us saw US interests being served in the name of 'patient justice', justice of the type that led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. If Lawrence or anyone else can identify the 'principles' that led to such madness then please tell the rest of us. I'm damn sure that three thousand deaths in New York have been ill served.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>