[lit-ideas] Re: Victor Hanson in Iraq

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:46:49 -0500

Whoever supported him, the world would in fact be better off today with
Saddam in power.  Certainly the poor Iraqis would be better off.  It's like
Saddam guarded the gates of hell, and we pushed him out of the way and
flung the gates of hell open.  Removing Saddam was a good thing, but when
one balances Saddam against hell coupled with al Qaeda's empowerment, he
certainly was a vastly lesser evil.

________