[lit-ideas] Re: The continuation of Realpolitik -- a counterfactual

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

Depending on the restriction, this may be a slippery slope argument.  It does describe Guantanamo.  Bill Moyers wrote a new book on the state of our democracy today.  Needless to say, it's not healthy.

Regarding the other post, the ideal is the enemy of the good.  We can't change the system, but by making changes such as feminism, the system may change from within.