[lit-ideas] Re: The continuation of Realpolitik -- a counterfactual

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:31:42 -0700 (PDT)

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more.  Consumption is out of control many times over.  China's struggling to get out of extreme poverty for most of its huge population, and they're willing do it by hook or by crook.  That's why they're not worried about the environment for now.  Globalism will have to grow a tree to the sky to get everyone into the middle class except we can't grow a tree to the sky.

So what did you think of my little game?  Did you do it?  A free drink (Mike's buying) for those who got the worst poet in the world (at least in my opinion).  Another clue is 1979.  But if you didn't do the matching, my feelings aren't hurt.  Much.  So it's okay.