[lit-ideas] Re: The continuation of Realpolitik -- a counterfactual

  • From: "David Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:31:47 -0500

What degree of judgement or moderation is to be found in Thou Shalt
Not...?  Only that of the person Thouing...

d.

  On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:46 AM, David Wright <wright@xxxxxxxx>
  wrote:

    Actually, my intent is...

    If we choose to allow the restriction of others' freedoms based
    upon accordance with our own beliefs, or societal norms
    Then, we must be willing to submit the allowance/restriction our
    own freedoms to the beliefs of others, or societal norms

    clear as chocolate mousse,
    d.

  As with most either-ors, the distinction is overdrawn, leaving no
  room for degree, for judgment or moderation. Piffle.
  John
  --
  John McCreery
  The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN

--
See Exclusive Video: 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards
http://www.hollywoodlife.net/younghollywoodawards2008/