[lit-ideas] Re: Seeking the Prime source

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:32:03 -0000

>Judy says that my post was irrelevant (I think that's what she
said)
>to the subject of this thread

Yes.  On the assumption that its subject is not (as I agree on
one reading, it could be)
the ability of Europe to sustain adequate population growth by
intra-European
migration.  I take Steyn's statement (as summarized  by Lawrence)
that

"the European birthrate (is), with the single exception of
France, incapable of maintaining its current level of population.
"

to mean "non-Muslim European population" (see my excerpt from
Hari's review of
Steyn), and I assumed the thread centred around the notion that
Muslims
would become the majority in all European countries (France,
perhaps, apart).

If though Steyn is simply saying that migration within Europe
cannot, alone,
offset the ageing of Europe's population, of course I agree.
(But he isn't.)

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK