[lit-ideas] Re: Seeking the Prime source

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:05:45 +0000

Yes, that's true -- sort of.  She is no longer a Muslim even though that was
her background.   If someone who has been treated as a citizen and is a member
of the Dutch parliament can't be considered Dutch then who can?  The Dutch in
my opinion behaved shamefully toward Hirsi Ali by removing her citizenship on a
technicality.  She was a thorn in the administrations side.  What a good way to
get rid of a thorn.  Well, there loss is our gain.

Lawrence

From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, Mar-13-2007 4:03 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Seeking the Prime source

> LH>This subject often comes up when Hirsi Ali is
> discussed -- she
> is one Dutch lady who did LH>emigrate to the United
> States.

*Actually, Hirsi Ali is a Muslim woman who had to
leave Netherlands isn't she, being a victim of the
immigration laws she herself had advocated. And she
only 'emigrated' when she knew that she was going to
be thrown out of the country anyway.

O.K.