[lit-ideas] Re: Seeking the Prime source

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:01:12 +0000

She wrote about this.  I had forgotten some of the details, but the fact is she
fled an oppressive situation.  She was young and didn't want her family to send
someone after her.  She lied to make it difficult to find her.  Why would she
want to lie so that people with a history of honor killing couldn't find her?
Beats me.

From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, Mar-13-2007 10:41 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Seeking the Prime source

But then her family said, "oh, no, Hirsi.  We would accept you
back.  You didn't need to flee."  They in effect called her a
liar.  Therefore Hirsi Ali was accused of lying

Incorrect.   She is known to have lied about her name and date of
birth
and about the country from which she had fled (Canada, not, as
she said,
Somalia).