[lit-ideas] Re: News via the web

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 23:34:10 EDT

The only Japanese on-line news I've come across is Daily Yomiuri On-Line
which is very ....minimalist. (John?)  I've looked for Chinese news on-line and
it
all seems to be a sponsoring of the same services (Reuters, AP, etc.) which
CNN etc. use.  India - The Times of India, e.g.  All very generic.  On a not
entirely unrelated note, I've been seeing the advertisements for the NBC "TV
movie" on the days preceding 9/11.  I have the feeling this is being severely
spun pre-election but it may be my paranoia only.  Does anyone know what kind
of
pressure/influence the WH has on the station?
Julie Krueger