[lit-ideas] Re: New Program in Psychoanalysis and Culture

  • From: "David Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:41:16 -0500

Jeepers!  Is Freud still read as anything more than an amachronistic,
literary writer exploring the human condition?  Not that literature has
failed to explore the aforementioned problem, but Freud possessed only
moderate literary skills, and abandoned logical inquiry altogether.  I
thought we had progressed to the point where...well never mind, if you
still believe in Freud, you likely still believe in God.

d.

Get a Free Account at www.mail.com