[lit-ideas] Re: New Program in Psychoanalysis and Culture

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:37:59 -0230

Providing denotative referents in illustration of one's understanding of the
meaning of a word does not validate that prior understanding. One may continue
to misunderstand the word even while successfully offering examples of what one
believes the word to mean. We must seek higher sources of semantic authority to
settle our dispute. Suggestions much appreciated.

From his sun-splashed deck by the crystal blue Atlantic ocean,

Walter O.