[lit-ideas] Re: New Program in Psychoanalysis and Culture

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:27:55 -0700

I just thought I ought to warn everyone that our atomic clock has begun wafting. In the morning it picks up the time from the gummint broadcasting station in Denver, or some such part, an acts as if all is well with Western Civ. By the late afternoon, however, it drifts and becomes breezy about belief, suggests that to quibble about an hour or two here or there is just being petty. Yesterday it was four hours off course; though this morning it was back to the second, this afternoon it's four hours adrift again.

I blame George *and* global warming and maybe Popper or Freud also.

David Ritchie,