[lit-ideas] Re: Interpretation and Elision

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:49:57 -0500

It wrote:

"I'm a little surprised though, since Andy wasn't exactly your favorite
person.  I would think you'd be glad to see him go."

Quite wrong.  'Andy' may have annoyed me a great deal but 'he'
contributed a lively voice to the list, and for that I respected 'him'.
I come to this list looking for interesting conversation, not opinions I
agree with.  I much prefer 'Andy' to 'Irene' since I much prefer someone
who has the integrity of their convictions as opposed to someone who I
cannot trust.  I can't trust 'Irene' so I would invest little energy in
a conversation with 'her'.

Phil Enns