[lit-ideas] Re: Interpretation and Elision

  • From: "Irene" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:36:06 -0500

I'm sorry you asked.  I have many, many (I still have them on my old
computer) emails that I sent Andreas.  I got exactly no help at all.  I
knew that even if by some miracle I got on the list, my posts would be
held.  I wasn't going to go through that.  I'm not saying Andreas isn't a
good list owner.  Just that he wasn't helpful to me.

> But I suppose if one wanted to experience the thrill of being able to
> write without taking personal responsibility for one's words, one might
> not search out such help with much enthusiasm.  People act like this in
> chatrooms.  Apparently some people think it a thrill to do it on email
> lists.

Everything Andy said I had said on phil lit.  The atheism, the
vegetarianism, the animal rights, the exercise, everything right down the
line.  I stopped short of the psychology because that would be too obvious.
Even so, I committed hari kari, or thought I did, in response to Mike's
post on pedophilia.  So there is no way you can accuse me of cheap thrills.
Iif you feel cheated, I'm sorry.  Truly, truly deeply sorry.

I'm a little surprised though, since Andy wasn't exactly your favorite
person.  I would think you'd be glad to see him go.  For my part, I miss
Andy terribly.  He became real to me, as real as any real person.  Now he's
gone, as if he died, and at my hand.

Irene