[lit-ideas] Re: Illegal Immigration

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:30:21 -0400

At 09:27 PM 9/14/2005, you wrote:

Thursday, September 15, 2005, 1:48:25 AM, Paul Stone wrote:

PS> Man... things are REALLY different over here.

PS> meaningless. "BLUE COLLAR"? What fucking century was this Goldthorpe living
PS> in?"

twentyfirst -- same as the Montreal people who write about blue
collar workers (yes, they say "blue collar workers")

Do Montrealers really say 'blue collar""? I thought it would be some franglacization.

PS>  The local blue collar guys are earning almost 6 figures around here.

I have (2002) a median wage of say $15 Canadian per hour.  Just over
$31000 a year.

Depends on the collar I guess.

PS> Oh come on Judy... you're giving me short shrift. Is ERRONEOUS information
PS> better than NONE? I think not!!!

is information with which you disagree better than none?

I KNOW of thousands of autoworkers and supporters who are NOT making only 15 bucks an hour. It's not that I disagree with it, I KNOW it to be false.

(that's a rhetorical question)

I answered it anyway.