[lit-ideas] Re: Illegal Immigration

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:50:16 -0400

---- Original Message -----
From: Mike Geary
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 9/14/2005 11:44:14 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Illegal Immigration

Andy Amago:
>>  Do you realize ANYONE at ANY TIME can just walk into the country?  Anyone,
>> carrying whatever they can carry?  You like that? <<

Mike: It doesn't bother me.  If terrorists want in, they'll get in.  The only
people we keep out are dissidents and critics of American policies.

A.A. So you agree with my suggestion to eliminate all doors at all times
because anyone can get in anyhow, so why bother?  Cool.  You be the first to
take down all your doors.

>> Marlena gets it.  She understands that depressing wages lowers the standard
>> of living for this country. <<

Mike:  So, raise the minimum wage.  It's as simple as that.  Make the minimum
wage in this country a living, family, saving wage.  Don't kick the poor in the
stomach for being poor.

A.A. Simple.  How do you propose to do it?   BTW, I second Judy's arguments
about the minimum wage.  So, how do you propose to do this thing called raising
the minimum wage when the whole point of illegal aliens is to keep the wages
down?

>> We in this country have a struggling middle class, a shrinking middle class
>> as corporate entities do they can, with the blessing and help of Congress,
>> to slam working people.<<

Mike; Yes, I agree.  So vote the greed-driven, corrupt plutocrats out of
office.  Don't assault the immigrants who are working their asses off for near
slave wages so that you can have cheap produce and chickens.

A.A.  And while we're at it, we'll just vote out all the creationist crap, etc.
 BTW, did you vote for Bush or Gore?

>>You're right, everything in this country is about money, money for the
>>corporate bottom line, for the ultra rich.  I'll repeat:  exploiting illegal
>>aliens keeps corporate profits zooming, tax breaks for the CEO's coming, the
>>middle class in the U.S. sliding downhill, <<

Mike: And your solution is to keep anyone south of the border out.  Then
everything will be fine.  I don't think so.  Let's try raising the minimum wage
and taxing the wealthy before attacking the poor.

A.A.  My solution is to let them in, but to ask them to show their faces and be
counted and then do whatever work there is.  Not to sneak in like criminals.

>> BTW, low life Fox's #1 source of income is exporting his people to work here
>> and send money back to Mexico, <<

Mike: Even if that's true, I see nothing wrong with it.  They're doing jobs we
need done and they're helping their families.

A.A. Which they can't do legally?

>> Do you hate this country Mike?  Is that the problem? <<

Mike: No, but I do hate xenophobia and facile answers.

A.A.  You're asking Congress to raise the minimum wage when they don't care a
rat's ass about anybody except wealthy corporate interests.  I think you'd
better define facile.

Andy Amago

Mike Geary
Memphis