[lit-ideas] Re: Illegal Immigration

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:17:03 -0400

1.  The stratification I gave you is income based for "upper" and
"middle" middle, it may not be for "lower (middle)" as that's
apparently applied to a rural grouping.

middle middle? hahahahaha

>The youngsters are part of a middle-class boom in India. The National
>Council of Applied Economic Research estimates that the number of
>people living in households that earn at least $1,800 annually?considered
>the minimum for middle-income families?

Again, when you include 1800 as middle income and then jump to say 100,000 and STILL say "middle" it's fucking meaningless. Let's say the LOWEST you can earn is ONE dollar. 1800 is said to be 'middle income'? and that is 1800 times a very poor person indeed. Now, someone who earns 100,000 times more than the very poor person is STILL in the middle class? Get off the pot! If someone can live comfortably at 30,000, then someone earning 600,000 can do whatever they want. That's not middle class. That's decidedly NOT middle class. If it is, then it renders the connotations meaningless. Might as well call it gruntleness.

or someone from the UK or France or, well, one of the old countries;
or one type of Marxist

Oh well, at least your funny!

paul