[lit-ideas] Re: Illegal Immigration

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:57:40 -0500

A.A. Exactly.  So how do you propose to do it.  Supporting the illegals is what
the farmers are doing, what you're doing.  While exposing the country to who
knows what.

Exposing the country to global free market capitalism, that's what.  Not me
though.  While I support some aspects of global capitalism, there are many
things in it that I find alarming for human freedom and dignity and etc., etc.,
etc.  But I also find it alarming that you are blaming immigrants for low
wages.  It's US AMERICAN VOTERS who elect the shitheads in Congress who are to
blame.  Rail against your Replublican neighbors, for God's sake.  Better yet,
deport them to Niger.

A.A.  Oh please.  Blame capitalism.  And blame God while you're at it.   What
does blame capitalism mean?

We can't do anything about God unfortunately.  But capitalism, we can.  What
does it mean to blame capitalism?  It means that there's an inherent problem in
the economic structure of the society.  That structure is a legal construct and
can be changed by legislation.  I don't know where the mystery is.  I think
what you're objecting to is the difficulty in effecting any meaningful changes.
 I agree with you that it would be difficult -- as I responded to John Mc -- I
believe this country's numero uno value is individual wealth.  Maybe nothing
can ever be done.  That doesn't justify coming down on the innocents.  So stop
beating up on the immigrants and get busy working for the change you want to
see happen.

Mike Geary
Memphis