[lit-ideas] Re: Europe's September 11 ?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:00:43 -0800

From: "Steve Chilson" stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx

> You might also note the timing of the "we are all on the same train"
> bombings, that they were mere days before the probable reelection of a
> government that supported Bush, that the government in power, in the same
> cynical way the government in power in the US chose to exploit the
> results of terrorism rather than really fight it, failed its people.

"Only last week several senior members of the (Bush) administration said
they fully expected that (Spain) conservatives would emerge victorious. In
fact, months ago a senior adviser to Mr. Bush predicted that should a
terrorist attack occur in Europe, it would probably drive the Europeans
closer to the United States and its approach to the campaign against terror,
not away from it." - David E. Sanger New York Times.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com