[lit-ideas] Re: Europe's September 11 ?

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:31:19 -0800 (PST)

I used that characterization with reference to some of
the reactions (of the political establishment), not to
the objective reality of the event. Objectively, yes,
there is a difference, not only with regard to the
number of casualties but also the choice of targets.
Unfortunately, I am unable to read BBC reports (though
I miraculously regained access to The Guardian), but
here is a pretty good analysis from Rahul Mahajan:
http://www.empirenotes.org/spain.html

--- JUDITH EVANS <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://mail.yahoo.com