[lit-ideas] Re: Europe's September 11 ?

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:12:55 -0800 (PST)

I noted that editorial as being rather blatantly
pro-Blair. Blair may have been afraid of a British
11/9 but that did not keep him out of military
engagements that were likely to exacerberate the
threat. I think that Rawnsley is probably right that
there will be attack on the British soil, but that
does not justify Blair, rather the opposite. (The
Spanish voters apparently did not think that the
attacks justified Aznar.)

It's also odd that R. pats the IRA as "men with whom
business could eventually be done." There is,
apparently, a cease fire with the IRA, but that has
been achieved through negotiations. (In which its
allegedly clear political demands were not
granted.)Whether the same approach would work with the
Al-Quaida we don't know because it hasn't been tried.
Blair has supported rather different policies
internationally from those his predecessors and he
himself pursued at home.

O.K.

--- Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://mail.yahoo.com