[lit-ideas] Re: Barnett's Blueprint for Action

  • From: Jack Spratt <dosflounder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:07:48 -0700 (PDT)

Lawrence,

  OK, if you insist. You can call me Dr. so & so professor of Soviet and
American Histrionics in Harvard Yard. It is unfortunate that this professor has
no room in his nest for tons of books to reference at a moment's notice,
especially books written by and for film buffs on war. I am going to run out
now and get Robert Ebert's latest book on WWI. I will let you know who won.
  You do not have to take me seriously if you do not want to. You have my
permission.

  You still refuse to give millions of dead Soviet soldiers credit for what
they did for the world. Now that is serious.

  Fat Man

Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  As to the first, your distinction as someone who eats no fat probably doesn?t
qualify you to make pronouncements Dr. so & so, professor of Soviet and
American history teaching at Harvard,.  If you want to identify yourself as Dr.
so & so, professor of Soviet and American history teaching at Harvard, or
perhaps even some lesser distinction, I might consider changing paying closer
attention to what you say -- maybe.  But as it is I have read and have sited
references which indicate something other than you with capital-letters
suggest.  Also, there is a book by Tuyl entitled Feeding the Bear (1989) which
according to reviews provides detail on what we provided to the USSR.  Also,
consider a review of this more recent book [Lawrence]:

  ,

J.S.

The one thing we lack is a handy utopia.

countries) for 2¢/min or less.