[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Proposal for capital and emphasis in UEB

  • From: Harri Pasanen <harri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 20:04:12 +0100

I had no intention of knocking Braille, I was just wondering if the Braille literacy in programming circles follows Braille literacy development in general.

Florian Beijers, the author of the blog post, actually mentioned in another context that Braille is indispensable for understanding more complicated code.

Regards,

Harri

On 29/01/2015 19:22, John J. Boyer wrote:
Well, I certainly use Braille for programming. Don't knock Braille just
because speech is available.

John

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 07:01:27PM +0100, Harri Pasanen wrote:
On 28/01/2015 20:14, Susan Jolly wrote:
I find it
impossible to comprehend why braille-using programmers wouldn't prefer to
learn, read, or write computer code using the same characters that
sighted
people do
Kind of off topic, but I just read a blog post by a blind
programmer:
http://blog.freecodecamp.com/2015/01/a-vision-of-coding-without-opening-your-eyes.html

Since screen readers and voice synthesis have come long ways, I
wonder how many blind programmers still use braille to help in
programming, especially for reading braille?

Regards,

Harri