[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Proposal for capital and emphasis in UEB

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:09:02 +0000

My comment regarding the LibLouis documentation from when I first began to work
with it is that it seems to be written from the perspective of someone who is
already very familiar with how LibLouis works and therefor in places it isn't
clear what is meant. It also has a lot of strange typos, unless they've been
corrected recently. It is better documentation than I've seen with other
projects but for someone who is not familiar with the inner workings of
LibLouis and the background behind it the docs are difficult. Try reading it
from the perspective of someone new to LibLouis and understand exactly what an
"op code" is and what it does. The answer is that it depends and isn't really
clear at all.

I'm not criticizing, just trying to explain why people new to this sometimes
have a hard time understanding how to write and design tables.

Keith