[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Proposal for capital and emphasis in UEB

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:57:06 -0600

Hi Susan,

You have a very good point about being able to paste examples from a
programming manual into actual code. However, some editing may be needed
because of the rather small line length in Braille, which makes it
necessary to employ a hyphen symbol.

I am of the firm opinion that the Nemeth code is far superior to
traditional math codes used in other english-speaking countries.
Computer Braille is based on Nemeth, with the addition of 8-dot
representations for capiktals, etc. I have no trouble switching between
computer Braille andGrade two and Nemeth. Neither did I have trouble
with similar switches when I was a child. I would hate to see the U.S.
abandon Nemeth.

I'm looking forward to some samples of technical material, especially
part of a programming manual, from Christo.

John

John J. Boyer; President,