[LRflex] Using the M6

  • From: "walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 07:07:09 +0800

 Some on the list have been puzzled about my comments concerning getting
use=d to the M6. There is a simple explanation.  The M6 is the first =
Rangefinder camera I have used.  Till recently I shot mostly= with SLRs and
Pshooters, usually in aperture priority mode with autom= atic exposure
active.  I'm used to compensating exposure by adjusting = shutter speed with
the command dial on modernn D/SLRs
Getting used to the finder and attempting manual focus and metering on the =
M6 is quite slow for me at this point.  So far I'm presetting the mete= ring
relative to the scene however if conditions change then I'm not yet ve= ry
quick at resetting things to accomodate.  Any tips on using Leica M= s or
howto practice appreciated.  I'm not in a position to compare va= rious M
versions, for what it;'s worth though I think the M5 is the best er=
gonically,  the needle metering display and the fact that the shutter = dial
extends past the edge of the camera for quick and easy manipulation se= em
advances on the M6.

My prefernce is often to shoot as wide open as possible given the light and=
to adust the shutter speed accordingly.  I am not sure if this is&nbs=
p;appropriate methodology with the M6.

Regards

Walter

=