[LRflex] Re: Using the M6

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 20:04:53 -0800 (PST)

Interesting comments, Walter & Charlie. I've never used an M5 but those
comments are the type of thing I was looking for.
With the R6, the meter tells you whether you're low or high but it doesnt tell
you by how much. So, I find that I have to look at the f stop or shutter speed
to see which I want to adjust and how much adjustment I have. All of that takes
time. It's not a problem for nature or other slow-moving subjects but, for
people I prefer to pre-adjust and to fly with that exposure because then, the
only issue is focus.

I assume, from your comments, that the M6 would not confer much of an advantage
insofar as street shooting or for other situations where people are the center
of interest because it is similar to the R6 and, as you point out Walter, there
is the issue of the shutter speed dial.

Thanks
Dave